…Actually, you know what, no matter how you splice it, waking up a dude whose been in stasis for the last 300 years so that he can build weapons for you is a colossally stupid idea.
And don’t give me that “oh but he has a genetically-enhanced intellect” bullcrap. I mean, number one, John Harrison didn’t seem much smarter than any other character in that movie, and number two, Leonardo da Vinci was very smart too, but I still wouldn’t hinge my plans on bringing him back to life to build nuclear weapons for me.
The spoopiest part of this skeleton bird decoration is the complete lack of knowledge in basic skeletal anatomy
somebody please draw this creature with skin on because i think it would be horrifying because those are basically long fingers
well that was fun
Have fun in your nightmares, kids.
In their defense, this is a bat skeleton. yes, the original picture is supposed to be a bird, but it’s not like it’s completely impossible for a wing to look something like that.
WHY ARE NONE OF YOU FUCKERS FLIPPING SHIT?!?
NASA HAS DECLARED PLUTO A PLANET AGAIN
IT HAS MOONS!!!!! IT HAS MOONS!!!!!!!
WHAT. WHAT! PLUTO YOU FUCKING DID IT!
VIVA LA PLUTO, YOU DID IT!!!
VIVA LA PLUTO FUCK YES
All I’ve heard is that in wake of the New Horizons mission arriving at Pluto next year, astronomers are discussing the issue again. Nothing is official. NASA has not reinstated it as a planet.
And it shouldn’t unless New Horizons discovers something extraordinary about pluto that will designate it as a planet. In science we need to rule with objectivity, evidence and truth, not emotion.
Also, there was a vote among non-scientists.
Science is not a democracy.
a real job? you mean, like, an internship at the white house?
okay, well what about the national democratic party?
what about interning at the united nations?
wow damn it’s almost like our economy functions on stealing labour from hardworking young people, regardless of whether their jobs are “real” or not
I wish more cartoons taught young girls that if a man harasses you or annoys you or whatever you should blow him up with a bazooka and feel no remorse :)))
What were these guys thinking, though!?!
I mean, they live in Gotham City.
So what, they’re driving down the street, and they see a car being driven by that lady with plant-based superpowers and the girlfriend of that sinister clown who’s constantly cutting up people’s faces with razor blades and they just naturally think: “Hmm, maybe I should harass these women.”
Headcanon accepted! (Also, I’m refusing to think of the Benedict Cumberbatch character as anyone other than “John Harrison” — perhaps he pretended he was actually Khan to sound scarier, and Khan still sleeps)
Well, notice that John Harrison never actually says that he’s “Khan Noonien Singh” at any point in the movie. He just says that he’s “Khan.”
So I’m head-canoning this way: “Khan” in this case isn’t actually a given name, but a name bestowed as a sort of title on the leader of this group of Human Augments (the way that the Mongolian warlord Temujin became “Genghis Khan” after he came to power—this actually makes total sense when you think about it, given that ‘Khan’ means something similar to ‘Emperor’”).
"John Harrison" is just Khan Noonien Singh’s chief weapons engineer, whom Admiral Marcus awoke to help militarize Starfleet in advance of a war with the Klingons (This too makes way more sense than the official version; why would a twentieth century warlord, genetically enhanced or otherwise, know anything about designing torpedoes?)
But John Harrison is an augment, and as an augment he has a heightened sense of personal ambition. So with his boss still in cryostasis, he seizes the chance to declare himself the leader (“Khan”); the rest of the augments may still be in stasis, but he has time to establish himself in those new world, so that eventually when they’re woken up, Khan Noonien Singh won’t be in much of a position to argue, and his men, having a might-makes-right mentality, will just go along with it.
But Admiral Marcus just says “whatever “Khan,” I’m going to call you John Harrison, so build me some damn torpedoes.”
Anyways, the long and the short of it is that Kirk and company were fighting Khan’s weapons engineer, who has somewhat less common sense than his boss, and the real Khan still sleeps.
have u ever accidentally befriended someone who is very very irritating
all of the above.
- All organisms in the pokemon world decended from, and in cladistic taxonomy classified as, Pokemon.
- "Normal" organisms, such as humans, trees and grass, are pokemon that have evolved overtime so that their movesets are vestigial. Pokemon such as Beldum and Unown have evolved overtime to have minimal movesets, and like us they will eventually loose the ability to learn moves all together.
- The national pokedex is purely a layman list of pokemon, there are millions of species of pokemon not listed.
- Microscopic organisms and parasites are also pokemon, and are capable of leveling up and evolving, tho not often observed by people due to their size and lifestyle.
- While on the macrolevel humans have lost many “pokemon qualities”, on the micro level our cells still behave as pokemon. Red blood cells’ special ability is “oxygen pickup” and Stem cell’s only move is Transform.
- Ditto is entirely made out of stem cells
- Most “inanimate” pokemon like Magnemite and Geodude, are actually the result of colonies of bacteria living inside of metal and rock, like Endoliths irl.
- There is heavy debate as to whether things like robots with flamethrowers can be classified as a pokemon, as they are capable of learning moves (flamethrower), as well as “faint” (be unplugged)
- Like irl, there is heavy debate in the Unova school system on whether they can teach the Arceus origin story within pokebiology class.